gulfer

Sunday, July 02, 2006

a story

I remember the times I have spent with my grandfather even I was very small at those times. Every memory deteriorates in my mind but every single memory that consists of my grandfather is crystal clear in my mind. Is this a game that my mind is playing on me or is it just my obsession about him, I don’t know. He had a small country house with a large garden and donkeys, just by the forest and I went to visit him every summer. I loved to run around that forest and to the shopping mall. He would follow me with his slow pace. Every night he would play me his cello before I go to sleep was his favorite grandchild since I was the oldest, thus he did everything I asked for. I sometimes felt like abusing his love towards me because I was a small kid and he was a man who did everything I demanded. Anyway… . He would take me to the sea shore and he would never take his eyes off of me while I was swimming. Once my cousins and I were playing games in the sea, just splashing the water to each other and having fun in a ridiculous, childish way. The wind was blowing softly and the sun was shining with all its brightness. All of a sudden a shark appeared on the horizon but none of us took it real because sharks would not just wander around in such seas as small as the Aegean Sea. As it was getting closer and closer it got very freaky for me. I started to swim to the shore, screaming loudly as I can. My cousins were by the shore before me and as I was swimming I could see the fear on my grandfather’s face. There was no one left in the sea but me, I could not swim because of the large waves coming towards me. I felt the breath of death at the back of my neck when the shark nibbled me as if it was trying to feel its food. I started to see scenes of my life, as you are said to see before you die. Just at that time, the shark let go of me. It was a miracle! I was still alive and I was saved just with a few scratches. No one could believe their eyes. My grandfather could not believe it either because he fainted of heart attack. I would say that it was the luckiest day of my life if I didn’t lose my grandfather with that heart attack. He even could not see my miraculous rescue. And now I still don’t know if it was the luckiest or the unluckiest day of my life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home