gulfer

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A PART OF MY FICTIONAL LIFE SPENT WITH ALI OSMAN PODOROVICH

Everything started with a formally dressed man who found me sleeping on the benches, he affectionately touched me. As I opened my eyes, I saw him standing beside me scanning me from head to foot. It was obvious that he was a social worker who came to take me again. I tried to make a great leap forward when I realized that he was already holding me from the arm. He told me that he was not going to hurt me but he was going to take me to my legal guardian.
The word “legal guardian” did not have a nice image on my mind. All the legal guardians that my parents attended did not want me. The social workers should have thought a lot before appointing this person as my legal guardian, I could understand that he did not have a life appropriate to raise a child; therefore I thought that I could finally get along with this one.
As the previous social workers did not make me get into to a car but we started to walk, my next legal guardian must have been somewhere around. Then the social worker led to the house I know very well, the house of Ali Osman Podorovich. Did my parents know him? How was he related to me? I could not understand. I was talking to this man as a friend from a very long time but I did not have an idea that he was my next legal guardian. I also could not understand that how could the government appoint such a drunk man as a legal guardian.
As I took my steps going to that house, I could feel that there is a new different future coming before me. When we saw Ali Osman, he was drunk again as usual. As we entered the house I realized that although I knew the house very well from the outside, I have never been to inside. The first thing that caught my attention was the piano and the Stratovarious violin on the piano. It was so beautiful that I could not prevent myself from playing it when Ali Osman went inside to prepare espresso for the guests. When he came back, I could see he was as surprised as I was to be my legal guardian but I could also see that he was glad to have a friend that will accompany him for the rest of his life.
I stayed with Ali Osman for about one year and in the meantime I was going better as he was going worse and worse. He never gave up on alcohol and also his wealth was decreasing as he was spending on me. He also did not get back to acting; instead he chose to spend time with me, since I was his only friend, the only support in the whole world. However he was also aware of the fact that he was not going to be able to look after me anymore and social workers are going to take me from him. Even though he had already become an alcohol addict, he made the best decision and sent me to the pre medication school.
I don’t even want to remember the day I left that house. There was a strange bond of friendship between us, based on the days I knew him before his appointment as my legal guardian, although if I would know that he was married to my mother before, I would not accept him as my stepfather. However I can never reject the fact that he prepared my future. After the deaths of my parents, because of the unique relation my father and I had between us, I always looked for my father in the men I met. This man never had even a trace of my father, he was totally different but I should admit that in the one year he looked after me, he had been a real father to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home