gulfer

Thursday, June 29, 2006

CHAPTER 1: SHORT BIOGRAPHY OF MY FICTIONAL LIFE

My name is Bridget Nilüfer McShine. My first name is American and my second name is Turkish because my mother was Turkish and my father was American; so I have a hybrid name. I am 15 years old and I live in Los Angeles. I lost my parents in the earthquake five years ago. I was miraculously saved from the wreckage. Our house was demolished in the earthquake and I did not have any relatives other than my parents, thus I was left alone in the world after the disaster. I was 10 years old at that time and I refused the government’s help because they were going to put me in the society for the protection of children and I heard that they don’t treat the parentless children there the right way and the authorities of that place are very mean. Even some children were running away from that place because they were violated and abused. Also, I did not want to get adopted because I think that strangers cannot substitute my parents and I don’t want to call those strangers Mom and Dad. Because of all these reasons I chose to live on the streets, yet the government sends me to school.
I will complete my education fully in order to become a doctor; however, now I am earning my pocket money playing my violin on the streets after school. I had learned to play the violin when my parents were alive. Also, I like to watch the birds; I feed them all the time. The same birds come next to me, sometimes I talk to them, they are my close friends on the streets. I had bought binoculars with the money I saved from the money I earned in order to watch them on the sky.
In my school I have many friends. They know my situation and their parents sometimes help me by sometimes hosting me in their houses, bringing me food or providing me my school materials. Their help makes me happy because it shows that some people think highly of me. However, I accept their help reluctantly, I don’t want to seem pitiable or miserable. I am able to stand on my own feet and I can look after myself without needing anyone.
I am studying in the first grade of high school. My favorite subject is Mathematics. I am very successful in Math, but I owe my success in Math to my Math teacher. He is so cute that I listen to every single word from him. At first my interest was towards the subject, but then that interest turned towards the teacher. He is very charismatic and handsome. He loves his job and he is very successful at it. I think that he may have a crush on me too. Sometimes I find him gazing at me. My friends tell me to give up this love because he is 40 years old, married and has a child, but I cannot and I don’t know why but I don’t want to. He resembles my father a bit; his gestures and manners are just like him. My infatuation may be linked with that.
My greatest dream is to become a doctor in the future, like my parents were. By becoming a doctor, I believe that I will keep their memory alive. These difficult conditions that life rendered me into cannot ever make me stop. I am Bridget Nilüfer McShine and that is the story of my dramatic life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home